Monthly Archives: January 2010
I have to say I love love love these bridesmaid dresses from Twobirds Bridesmaids. Finally a dress that will flatter any bridal party, no matter there size. Twobirds is a bridesmaids boutique dress company that marries a brides vision with the bridesmaids happiness. With 15 ways to style this dress it will keep the bride happy and the bridesmaids comfortable. I know I have a few bridesmaid dresses stashed in my closet, well lets face it I will never wear again. With these I could style it a different way and wear in the summer or to another wedding or dinner party. I just can not believe it took a designer this long to think of this one. Brilliant!!
Well Wedding Show season is in full effect. I remember when I was just engaged and I went to my first Bridal Show in Toronto, I have to say I had no idea what I was walking into. I was completely overwhelmed. There were hundreds of vendors, and some crazy brides. literally, I pasted out after only being there 20minutes. Ha ha my fiance thought I was going crazy, myself trying to get out of the crowd for some air. Now looking back I see what he meant. Anyways I thought I would share a few tips and tricks I have learned over the years and wanted to share. This way you will be prepared for whatever show you will attend big or small.
- Have address labels printed up for the event, you can even do these at home. Things to include are; Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address & Wedding Date. You will be filling out so many ballots it just makes it easy to peel & stick all our required information.
- Before you attend the show look on the event web site; see what exhibitors will be participating and write down the ones you don’t want to miss.
- Also if you are curious of an exhibitor that it already participating, book an appointment to ensure one-on-one attention.
- Make a plan, write a list of what you need to accomplish and in order of importance. This will allow you to stay calm and focused.
- Bring your fiance, friend, mother or even mother-in-law. Someone that you value their opinion from.
- Walk threw the show once then return to booths that made an impression.
- Take advantage of all the demonstrations, fashion shows, seminars, samples, get your make up & hair done and you can’t forget about all the food and cake samples….yum O!
- Make notes as you go threw the show, what you liked, didn’t like and what inspired you. As well write down the business that stand you. This is another reason to bring a friend, she can do all the writing.
- When you come home you will have a bag full of business cards, samples and little gifts. Start by sorting them out, take your note book and find all the business cards of the booths that stood out the most and inspired you. The Internet is your next best friend; search those companies to find out more information. Then all there is to do is to make some phone call to those special exhibitors.
- As well remember if you book an appointment at the show they usually take a percentage off your price. There are always deals at these show to be had, but do not conmit to anything that day. It is too overwhelming, just take a few days to get all the information you need.
I hope this helps you out at your next bridal show;stay calm, focused and you will not be one of those overwhelmed brides-to-be, I promise:)
I have to say I am so excited for 2010! Almost Hitched has so much going on I thought I would just share. Well to start off we will be launching our NEW web site mid February so stay tuned for that. Almost Hitched has teamed up with Heather Prosser Photography for our web sites artwork. Heathers work is absolutely stunning and I can’t wait to share some of her work with you.
Almost Hitched will also be attending Welcome Wagon’s Bridal Showcase which will take place Sunday March 7th at Octaviens Banquet Hall-Best Western Durham Hotel, 559 Bloor St. W, Oshawa ON. Doors will open at 12:30PM. We have been waiting a long time to get into this show and I couldn’t’t think of a better time for us to showcase who we are and what we do. If you’re planning a wedding, you and a friend will want to attend Welcome Wagon’s Bridal Showcase. They have exciting door prizes; fashion shows, planning guides, special displays and gift bags for every bride. Welcome Wagon’s Bridal Showcase just take out all the guesswork. You will have everything you need under one roof, and every showcase is tailored to the local area, so all the businesses participating are local. Ohh….and did I mention admission is FREE for you and one guest. I will post more information sooner to the date.